2019 Planning Board Meeting Minutes
2018 Planning Board Meeting Minutes
2017 Planning Board Meeting Minutes
NEW HAVEN PLANNING BOARD MEETING
HELD JUNE 20, 2018
Call to Order: Linda Bond-Clark called the June 20th meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. at the New Haven Town Hall. Roll call: Linda Bond-Clark, William Calderone, Josh Downing, Kathy Phelps, Patricia Parkhurst and Frederick Wilbur present. James Searles excused.
Michael & Jessica Overton Variance: The Overtons have submitted a variance application to build a house at 5 Burton Dr. Tax map #081.19-02-19.01.
Public Hearing: The public hearing on Michael & Jessica Overton’s Variance application was opened at 7:00. There were no members of the public present and no correspondence or phone calls have been received regarding the project. Having no comments from the public, the public hearing was closed and the regular meeting opened at 7:30.
40 foot variance from the lake.
Basis for Consideration:
• The project conforms to the character of the area.
• Only one variance is requested and it is less than 50%.
• The lot size substantially exceeds the minimum required for lakefront lots.
• The property appears well protected from erosion
• The elevation is above the high water line of record.
• The project will not impact private water in the area.
• There is a preexisting, operable septic system on the site.
• The road side consists of only 2 stories with a partially exposed basement, due to the topography of the land.
• The drawing presented accurately represents both the north and south elevations of the structure including the roof line.
• There was no opposition from the public
• Modifications clarifying the height of the 2nd floor and grade were made to the drawing and initialed by Michael Overton.
• A separate application will be submitted for a garage on the site at a later date.
Revised Variance Application Form: A revised Variance Application form was reviewed. The new form will be used going forward.
Digital Access to Applications at Meetings: The board would like to be able to project the site plans submitted on the wall during meetings.
Adjournment: Meeting adjourned
New Haven Planning Board